– Aids in digestion in lubricating the mouth making it easy to chew and swallow
– Secrets a hormone that further the development of taste buds
– Contains antibacterial agents
– Severs as a liquid medium that carries food chemicals to the taste buds
– Contains enzymes that break down food that gets stuck between teeth
– Protects the teeth from bacterial decay
Studies have shown that saliva delivers fluoride to the tooth surfaces, protecting the mouth from dental caries. It washes the tooth surfaces and stops it from drying out, clearing bacteria and stops demineralization. However, your saliva can be greatly compromised with the invasion of bacteria. Therefore, to keep your mouth and saliva healthy it is important to maintain a strict schedule of brushing and flossing. It is even more imperative to better ones brushing techniques while in treatment here at iSmile Orthodontics.
Call iSmile Orthodontics for more information on brushing techniques with braces.